Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Picture Us Imperfectly

Thanks to everyone who joined us for a great morning of Popsicles in the Park yesterday.  We had a fantastic turnout, new registrations, and lovely weather.  In fact, yesterday morning made me realize fall is almost here.

And I have so much to do!

How about you?  Are you swamped with to-do lists and final moments of summer and school supply circulars and extracurricular activities?

If you're like me, you want to get it all done, and get it all done perfectly.  Unfortunately, that's not going to happen.

Because we're NOT perfect.  But thank goodness we know who is.  And God promises everyone, but I think especially harried moms, that

He did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline.
2 Timothy 1:7

This year in MOPS we hope to embrace the idea that we may not be perfect moms, but we can be moms who are bold, sensible, and loving.  And we can embrace one another, not in spite of our imperfections, but because of them.

So, I'd like to invite those of you who are bloggin' mamas, or those of you who just want to 'fess up your own moments of mom-perfection to join me each Wednesday with a Picture Me Imperfectly post.  



We'll be linking up with Hill over at Capturing Motherhood.  And I'd love to get some guest posters for this MOPS blog, so send me an email at lindsbrac@gmail. com or post a comment if you're interested.

Today you can link over to my randomness and get to know me a bit better.

Can't wait to see you all at our first MOPS meeting, August 26, 9:30 a.m.  Mark your calendars, your i-Phone, put it on a sticky note on your dashboard--but be there!

1 comment:

Angela said...

I have a blog: http://mommylawyerme.blogspot.com