Wednesday, August 10, 2011

How's Your MomSense?

I don't know about you, but my "momsense" was on the fritz today.  My one year old thinks she's too big for her booster, my six year old won't even entertain the idea of switching schools, and my five year old would make James Dobson cry.  

Sound familiar?  

If so, maybe you need what I've found.  A group of moms in my community who get it.  Who've been there. Who are still wading through laundry and sippy cups and terrible twos that linger until elementary school.  

That's MOPS.  Mothers of Preschoolers.  Which just means most of us are still changing diapers on our way out the door to the Little League game.  Some of us are new to motherhood, others are brave enough to admit that even after ten years they don't have it figured out.  Some of us work from home or outside it.  For some of us, home is all the work we can handle.  

We're real.  Real moms with real kids and really messy houses.  Real moms with real kids who cause us real problems.  Real moms who come together to make sense of all this MomSense so we have the energy to play another round.

If MOPS sounds like it's for you, or even if it doesn't, I encourage you to play the game of Chance and give us a turn.  We're registering old members and new for fall semester 2011 and we'd love to have you on our team.  Join us for one of the following dates and we'll help you play the hand God's dealt you.
  • Tuesday, August 16th, Popsicles in the Park, Demorest City Park, 9 a.m.
  • Monday, August 22nd, Drive Up Registration at Cornelia Wal-Mart, 9-11 a.m.
  • Friday, August 26th, First MOPS Meeting for 2011-2012, 9:30 a.m., Bethlehem Baptist Church
For more information contact habershammops@gmail.com or Like us on Facebook.  Hope to see you there!

1 comment:

Garretts said...

love it! looking forward to another great year.

let me know if I can help with the blog, etc.