Saturday, November 16, 2013

Giving Back

Thanksgiving is a holiday that I wish we spent more time acknowledging. I love Christmas, very much actually. I love decorating and singing carols and Santa and remembering that God came to Earth as a baby. I think everyone loves Christmas and that is why we are so quick to jump right over Thanksgiving without giving it too much thought. But when we do that we miss out on an opportunity to really notice just how blessed we are. As I type this I am sitting in a warm home on a comfortable couch. My husband is home because he is a teacher and has wonderful hours. My three children who I get to stay home with are all healthy. And I am so very thankful. But my thankfulnesses can't end there. It can't end with saying a quick "Thank you, Lord", even though I'm sure He would appreciate that. When we realize just how blessed we are it should spark us to think about those who have so much less. At our November 22nd MOPS meeting we are doing just that. Doing something to make life a little easier for someone else. Come join us as we make blessing bags. Bags filled with toiletries, snacks, etc. for the women and children of the Circle of Hope. We will also each be taking a blessing bag home with us to keep in our cars to give to a stranger in need. I hope you'll join us for this time of fellowship and giving. If it is possible for you to do, please bring $4 to help with the cost of materials. 
Happy Saturday!
Leslie

No comments: