Thursday, January 10, 2013

When Being Good Doesn't Work

I have always been a "good" girl.  Rule-follower.  Non-confrontational.  A pleaser that masquerades as a peacekeeper.

I became a Christian young, when I was nine, and though I truly believe I was saved at that moment, if I'm honest with myself, I didn't think I had much to be saved from.

I did all the "right" things. Saved sex for marriage.  Went to college and got a BA and an Mrs.  Had a baby two years in and another eighteen months later.  Bought a house and a minivan.  Joined a church.

Somewhere along the way, I got the notion that as long as I was good, as long as I did what was expected, and did nothing that was wrong, then I would get the life I deserved.

Funny thing about plans is they never quite work out the way you expect.

Just thirteen months ago if you had asked me if I was happy, if I was content, if I believed in God's plan for my life, I would have told you yes.

I would have been lying.

For the rest of my story, for an honest testimony about my crisis of faith, join me tomorrow at our first Habersham MOPS meeting of the new year.  I hope you'll be encouraged, I hope you'll be understanding, but mostly I pray that the Lord will use my words to show you that no matter how good you might be, we all still need His grace.

Lindsey
...if you really want to read more, you can follow me here.

No comments: