Thursday, September 6, 2012

When It's Time to Take that Plunge

Here's what I know.

Motherhood is scary.  Terrifying, actually.

I mean, they let us leave the hospital with seven pounds of tiny and four hours of sleep and expect us to be okay.  Yet, who really is?

Eight years ago this month I brought home one of those bundles all wrapped in pink and white and I thought I could handle her.  After all, she's just a baby.

Here's something else I know.

Babies aren't easy.

And when you're a new mom and you're hours from your mom and your best friends aren't even contemplating taking a plunge into these stinky waters, you feel really, really alone.

I didn't know, then.  I didn't know there was somewhere I could go and be welcomed and appreciated and pampered and indulged.

I didn't know that other moms were willing to get up early and stay up late and make fools of themselves and bare their souls so that I would know that motherhood is not a plunge we should ever take alone.

Three girls and one sweet baby boy later, I've found it.

It's my prayer that if you're a new mom or a seasoned mom, a mom of one or a mom of many, a mom who crafts and a mom who cooks, or a mom who believes in storebought and takeout, you are welcome here.

You are wanted here.

You are blessed here.

Habersham MOPS
9:30 a.m.
Fridays Twice a Month
Bethlehem Baptist Church
Hwy 197, Clarkesville, GA

We promise with the grace of Jesus, to show you love.

Lindsey Brackett
Coordinator, 2012-2013

No comments: